StandUP Wireless Free Cell Phone Program
StandUP Wireless is a large nationwide provider of Lifeline Assistance, the free government cell phone program. They currently are present in a large number of states, with service pending to others. They are growing fast, so if you do not find your state on the list below, check back again soon. StandUP offers a couple of free cell phone plans as well as generous referral bonuses.
You can sign up for StandUP Wireless if you are living in Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Texas, Wisconsin and West Virginia. StandUP is currently adding Washington and New Jersey to their network, with all other states listed on their site as “pending.”
StandUP Wireless Plans
StandUP offers a couple of basic plans for subscribers:
- 100 plan. This plan includes 100 free voice minutes and 100 texts per month. This plan includes rollover. If you do not use up all your minutes, they are available to you the next month.
- 250 plan. This plan includes 250 free voice minutes or texts per month (the other plan includes voice minutes and texts; this one includes either or the other, depending on your usage). This plan includes no rollover. You must use your minutes each month or lose them.
StandUP Wireless Premium Plans
StandUP Wireless premium plans are available to Lifeline subscribers who want more minutes each month, or for customers who do not qualify for Lifeline Assistance at all. There are three premium plans.
- StandUP 500. This plan includes a free phone along with 500 voice minutes and 500 text messages. The plan costs $27.70 every month.
- StandUP 1000. This plan comes with 1000 voice minutes and 1000 text messages. The phone, once again, is free. This plan costs $42.70 per month.
- StandUP Unlimited. This plan costs $47.70 per month, and comes with a free phone, unlimited voice minutes, and 1000 text messages per month.
StandUp Wireless Top Up Options
If you want to add more minutes to your account, but you do not want to purchase one of the StandUP premium plans (or cannot afford it), you can top up your minutes as follows:
- $5 for 50 minutes
- $10 for 100 minutes
- $20 for 250 minutes
- $30 for 500 minutes
- $50 for 10000 minutes
You can top up online or at a Western Union, MoneyGram, or ACE Cash Express. If you refer a customer to StandUP Wireless, you will receive a nice bonus of 100 free voice minutes.
Do I Qualify for StandUP Wireless?
In order to qualify for one of StandUP’s Lifeline plans, you must qualify for Lifeline Assistance. You can do this either by meeting the income test or the qualifying program test. You meet the income test if you live at or below 135% of the federal poverty level.
|Size of Family||Annual Income|
|For each Additional Person, Add||$5,157|
If you are receiving aid through a qualifying government program like TANF, WIC, Food Stamps, SSI, or Section 8, you do not need to meet the income test. Likewise, if you meet the income test, you do not need to be participating in one of the qualifying programs. The list of acceptable programs varies by state, so check your state’s list to see which programs are allowed. Both federal and state programs are included. The programs change occasionally, so check back in the future if you do not currently qualify.
Additionally, you must be living in a household with a valid U.S. street address, and no other member of your household can currently be subscribed to Lifeline Assistance through StandUP or any other company.
StandUP Wireless offers some great basic free plans as well as exciting premium plans. Remember, even if you do not qualify for a free government cell phone, you can still receive service through StandUP by signing up for a premium plan. If you are approved for Lifeline and receive free monthly service, StandUP’s convenient top up options allow you to purchase more voice time for an affordable low fee. Good luck qualifying for StandUP Wireless!